How you Met:
I met Jake at the end of my freshman year in college in 2010 at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. Somehow, we always found one another at parties and would end up sitting outside talking for hours. We had no idea that we both grew up in Omaha, Nebraska and found that we had a lot in common. We’ve dated ever since!
Flash forward to 2017 and Jake and I are living in Kansas City. Early one week in December 2017 Jake told me we were going to dinner with his co-workers. As the week progressed his story kept changing and I started to get suspicious. The day of, Jake said we should get a cocktail at Stock Hill before meeting up for dinner. After we finished our drinks, he thought it would be a fun idea to walk down to the plaza and see the Christmas lights before dinner. It was only 5 degrees outside and as we were walking (freezing really) Jake started talking but I couldn’t tell you what he said. Everything started clicking and I knew what he had been up to this whole time. The next thing I knew Jake was down on one knee.
After I said yes, I asked if we could face-time our family, but he suggested we go to dinner first (not with his team but just with one another) and then call everyone after. Little did I know that both of our families were waiting for us at Bella Napoli. As we walked into the restaurant, they all popped out and I couldn’t stop crying for the next 30 minutes. It was perfect.
Inspiration for your Wedding:
Greenery & simplicity. I wanted gold accents with lots & lots of plants
Highlights from your Day:
- Having all of our friends and family surrounding us to celebrate on one of the best days of our lives.
- I loved my father-daughter dance; my dad and I love dancing and being goofy.
- I was also so excited to get to have my reception in one of the most beautiful museums in Omaha!
- Oddly, I’ve always wanted to toss a bridal bouquet
- Lastly, I loved my childhood golden retriever SO much that I wore his dog tags on my bouquet as my something borrowed from my parents in his memory.
Tricia and Jake
July 28, 2018
Venue for Ceremony: St. Robert Bellarmine Catholic Parish
Reception: Joslyn Art Museum
Mikaella Bridal Gown Style 2154
Katie Veil by Sara Gabriel
Hair: Kirby Keomysay at Kontempo Hair Salon
Makeup: Kristen Rozmiarek at Kontempo Hair Salon
Photography: Megan Cash Photo
Floral: Elle Seals
Décor: Aaron Carlson Design Inc.